Vlogging is one of the best activities which provides you with the platform for showcasing your thoughts, ideas, and beliefs. Vloggers, nowadays are also making a very successful career by vlogging on various topics. Also, if you want a smooth going and a perfect vlog for your viewers, you will need proper things used for vlogging. So, here, in this article, we bring some of the best microphones which are going to be your best friends for your vlog journey.
Top 10 Best Microphones for Vlogging
With a number of microphones zooming around, it is a difficult choice to select one for a quality vlog. So here are the best microphones for Vlogging.
|Rode NT-USB||Rode||4.5/5||Check Price|
|Rode Video Mic Pro||Rode||4.3/5||Check Price|
|Rode Video Mic Go||Rode||3.8/5||Check Price|
|BOYA BY- WM2G||Boya||3.9/5||Check Price|
|ZOOM 2H1 H1||Zoom||4.3/5||Check Price|
|Røde Smartlav+||Rode||4.1/5||Check Price|
|Boya BY-M1||Boya||4.2/5||Check Price|
|Røde VideoMicro||Rode||4.4/5||Check Price|
|Sony ECM-B1M||Sony||4.6/5||Check Price|
|Røde wireless Go Compact||Rode||4.4/5||Check Price|
The majority of YouTubers and vloggers opt for USB microphones. These can be used for recording near a computer for business vloggers, unboxing, instructional videos, demos, tutorials, music, interviews, commentaries, and voiceovers. The best among them being Rode NT-USB Condenser Microphone
- Super Versatile and much popular.
- Compatible with I-pad, Windows, and MAC
- On mic mix controls
- Includes a pop filter, stand-mount, desktop tripod, and storage pouch.
- Easy to set up and use.
- It provides great sound quality.
Cons: Headphones jacks compliable.
To shoot the videos, one has to capture both the moving images and sound. Although more impressive is placed on the visuals, the sound quality is of prime importance. A good on camera short gun microphone is a wise choice. These microphones can be mounted on the camera and connected to its 1/8 “(3.55mm) mic jack or its XLR input (depending on which one is available on the camera of choice.)
They are the most effective on-camera tools due to their ability to reject sound to the sites and rear and to prioritize the sound in front of the mic. Among a plethora of DSLR mic, RODE VIDEO MIC PRO and RODE VIDEO MIC GO are good to grab. Overall, they are one of the best vlogging microphones when it comes to quality.
Rode Video Mic Pro
- Light fit for smaller cameras.
- Requires battery for operation.
- Improves the overall sonic performance of the camera.
- Boosts output level by +20 Db
- Has a High pass filter that can be turned on and off.
- Avoids picking supper low sounds like footsteps, bumps.
- Best for outdoor as well as indoor vlogging.
- Compact and less bulky.
- Not ideal for capturing nature.
- Expensive for novice vloggers.
Rode Video Mic Go
- Omnidirectional pick up pattern.
- Ideal for the compact main camera.
- Has no controls, knobs, and buttons.
- No ON/OFF switch.
- Has an integrated Rycote Shock mount to reduce vibration and handle noise.
- Affordable price tag.
- Handy, lightweight.
- Suitable for professional vloggers.
- Needs to be supplied with “plug-in power” from cameras.
- To be used with additional wind protection.
Lavalier Microphones are booming in the market. These are tiny wireless microphones that one can clip to one’s clothing. They are great at capturing speech while allowing one to move around or face away from the camera. Lavalier can be used for instructional videos, gaming commentary or the dictating videos where speech is important.
They can be plugged in the phone or tablet or a dedicated recording device. Also, they come with smartphone compatibility for making scintillating videos on smartphones. They are well known for crispier and accurate voice quality. The 1/8 “Audio plug can be fixed on a shirt, get connected in video cameras and DSLR’s, as well as audio recorders. Best among them are BOYA BY- WM2G and ZOOM 2H1 H1Handy Portable Digital Recorder.
- Easy to handle
- Cable based
- Not uni-directional (would take in some background noise)
BOYA BY- WM2G
- Omnidirectional pick-up pattern.
- Price too low
- Compatibility with iPhone X, iPods, DSLR cameras, point and shoot cameras, and Camcorders
- Switchable wireless channels,
- Easily attachable to the body.
- Ideal for recording Podcasts.
- Operating range 40-313 feet.
- Cannot resist background noise
- Complex OS.
ZOOM 2H1 H1
- 1.25“ monochrome LCD Display.
- One-touch button controls.
- Playback speed control, Voice filters, and stereo overdubbing functions.
- Handles up to 120 Db for distortion-free recording.
- Built-in 90 “X/Y stereo format.
- Recodes directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB.
- Supports up to 24 bit / 96 Khz audio in BWF complaint WAV.
- Compact, compact, enhanced playback, and control.
Corns: Hardly any.
The smartLav+ is fully compatible with popular Android devices, as well as most iPhones and iPads. It consists of an omnidirectional condenser capsule, i.e., it picks up sound equally from all around the microphone, allowing for complete coverage while vlogging. A foam pop shield is also provided to minimize wind noise, as well as a durable mounting clip to make it easy to handle.
BOYA BY-M1 is Omni-directional, suitable for Smartphones, DSLR, Camcorders, Audio recorders PC, etc. It gives full 360′ coverage and hence the possibility to capture anything in sight. It’s small in size and light to carry – making it easy to use outside. It has a 20 ft cable that could pose like a pro as well as a con. This is considered as one of the best mics for vlogging if you’re a beginner.
Shotgun microphones are the most often used microphone by vloggers. You can easily mount these microphones on any camera and are great at canceling unwanted or background noise.
- Great sound quality
- Not required to wire up characters
- Cancels unwanted noise
- Comparatively harder to handle
A uni-directional microphone, the VideoMicro reduces distracting peripheral sounds and focuses on the audio in front of the camera as compared to other shotgun microphones, these are easier and way lighter to handle due to its compact size.
There is no extra battery required by this and can be directly charged by the camera battery. This is one of the many reasons VideoMicro is in our best microphones for YouTube Vlogging list.
Out of all the microphones mentioned here, this is the only one that could be said to be ‘expensive’ or a bit beyond the affordable range. But there is a reason for that. This shotgun microphone is different from its other buddies in one point that it is Omni-directional rather than uni-directional.
It is compact, lightweight that uses new signal processing technology to achieve variable directivity for high-quality digital audio. It’s a great option that lets you adjust your audio in almost whichever way you want it to.
These are kind of rare even in the microphone world and are kind of a new member. These cancel out any kind of cable use.
- Easy to use
- Not cable-based
- No set-up needed
- Comparatively expensive than Lavelier, though cheaper than shotguns.
- Clip-on kind
Røde wireless Go Compact
The Røde website describes the Wireless GO system as the epitome of a ‘small wireless microphone.’ And we all can agree to that. It consists of two small cube-like structures – one a microphone/transmitter and the other as the receiver. Both weigh 31g each, which is like really less and makes it one of the best microphones for Vlogging.
The transmitter works as a stylish clip-on microphone – perfect for content creation, filmmaking, to-camera or onstage presentation, vlogging, YouTubing, streaming, and more. The system auto-pairs in 3 seconds and requires almost no technical set-up.
Now you have all the research you needed to do on microphones for your vlogging career. So go on and choose the one that is most compatible with you and create videos without any worries.